Motivated For Weight Loss - My Two Greatest Tips

Motivated For Weight Loss - My Two Greatest Tips
I know how hard it is to stay motivated and focused on weight loss. For years I kept dieting and going up and down the scale like crazy. It wasn't until 2 years ago I was able to change my lifestyle completely and I've been able to keep the weight off since then. Easily I might add. But it wasn't an easy process and it was no secret magic formula that got me to the finish line. It was more like a big puzzle and somehow I was able to put all the pieces together in the right way.

Two very important pieces of that weight loss puzzle have to do with motivation. You know what I'm talking about. The "I don't have the energy to thing today, let alone exercise or watch what I eat" days. Yes, those days can be tough. Everything seems so gray, it's raining outside and you keep thinking "is it really worth it?".

Well here are two great ways to break that mental cycle of bad thoughts.

Mental Puzzle Piece #1: Join an online support group (or offline)
I can't tell how important it is not be fight this battle alone. Having a network of friends and support is a huge help. Actually...you would be crazy not to have a support network of some kind. And the reasons are many. Just having a good friend on a bad day is good enough reason for me but the group also has knowledge on things you couldn't possibly know. Most of the people there have been in your shoes or are there at the present moment! It's also very motivating to be able to share the success and laughter as well as to have a shoulder to cry on. There are literally thousands of online communities out there so start looking and don't stop until you have the group the fits you perfectly.

Mental Puzzle Piece #2: Before and after photos
Yeah, I know you are fat or at least overweight and you most likely don't like seeing yourself naked with all that "extra". But to face reality is good and it's also motivating. It's gives you the "I don't want to look like that" mentality you need to get started. And as time passes, you can take new photos and place the next to the old one to see your great results. That is an even greater motivator. I can promise you, taking those "after" photos is so much fun! Comparing them to the "before" ones is what keeps you on the right track!

I sure hope that these two mental puzzle pieces can help you get more motivated towards weight loss and will help you adapt to a happier, healthier lifestyle.


James is a just like your average next door neighbor. Loves his family and likes to tend to his garden. It's fair to say that he is a great camping enthusiast and loves taking his big family and the 10 person tent [http://bestfamilytents.org/10-person-tent] to a quiet place in the woods. If you are like camping you can learn more about it at his Best Family Tents [http://bestfamilytents.org] website.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/James_Fuller/680465

No comments:

Post a Comment